Friday, June 18, 2010

I Heart Chanin

There were two things that got me started sewing a year and a half ago (now that's crazy. Feels like forever!). First was my grandmother sending me all those boxes of things--knitting needles and fabric and notions. Second was The Alabama Stitch Book, from Alabama Chanin.

Man, if you have the slightest interest in learning how to sew, or make gifts, or get started on your own clothing, Chanin is a great place to go. I started out making clothes out of old t-shirts with just a needle and a thread, sitting in the rocking chair of our former guest bedroom.

And look at me now! I'm making clothes out of old t-shirts with just a needle and thread. Except now I'm doing it in a big fancy room that I never want to leave.



This thing is going to take a while to finish, what with all the hand-sewing and everything. I'll post when it's done!

1 comment: