DB asks, a few posts back, how come I haven't posted any pics of reJuJu clothing. I've been thinking about answering that, and here is what I've come up with:
1. I have a hard time taking pictures. You know how I'm trying to make a new recipe every week? Well, many of them end up sucking donkeys. Same with taking pictures. I know the idea is to keep trying until you get it, but I have many more marks in the failure column than in the success column in these areas, and it is quite demoralizing. So, thinking about taking photos of things I have made is a little daunting.
2. Also, how to stage the clothes is tricky. If I put them on myself, who takes the picture? I've thought maybe I need a dress form or mannequin or something. But is that pretentious? Or just practical? And what to do with the range of sizes I work with?
3. But both #1 and #2 can be addressed. The real problem, my friends, is that I am pitiful and insecure. I am worried that I will post something and that you, kind readers, will think, "That's ugly." Or, "that's nothing. A monkey could do that." Or, "oh great, another post about her silly little hobby."
I keep making the things, anyway, whether you like them or not. And not everyone will like what I make--I intellectually understand that. I just really enjoy doing the sewing, you know? And am not sure how I feel about it being so visible. So up for critique. But down that path lies growth, right? And I'm all about growth. So I can also address this worry, I suppose.
4. I can't really sew. Zippers make me shudder. I loathe ripping seams. I rarely follow patterns. Some times I make things from scratch, but they are pretty rough-hewn; a lot of times I just add stuff to things already made. So it's not even a big deal. Will posting here seem like bragging?
5. And, finally, I don't want the kind folks I work with and who pay my salary to think that I'm spending all my time sewing: I definitely don't. It is, in fact, my hobby--something I do nights and weekends in moments when my family is busy doing other things. I'm not making any money to speak of off it--a little pocket money, mostly. So I just needed to put that out there.
I don't know. None of this matters so much, I realize. You're getting another little glimpse into my sad little ego's machinations. But read the header: you were warned.
And yes, I did sneak some photos in. Do you still like me?