Sunday, April 3, 2011

Joy 16

A girl, turning seven.  Soon.


Finally wearing blue jeans.
Wanting to wear her hair down most days to hide her perfectly perfect ears.
Tall.
Eating many bowls of spaghetti in a single bound.
Teacher says she is quiet at school.  Not shy.  Confident, sure of what she wants.  But quiet.  Nearly invisible sometimes, I think.


Lots of big emotions, still, and wearing them all over her face.
Loves telling jokes, making us laugh.
Fiercely independent.
Craving affection.
Totally messy.


Beautiful.
Sarcastic.
Kind.
Loving.
Unsure and totally sure.

Loves:  art, music, poetry, nature, animals.

A romantic.

My oldest, my love, my life.

Seven.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Adeline. SEVEN!!! wow wow wow.
    "Beautiful.
    Sarcastic.
    Kind.
    Loving.
    Unsure and totally sure."
    OH REALLLY?
    I think I know someone else that I could describe like that. : ) xo ~msh

    ReplyDelete