Sunday, April 3, 2011

Joy 15

Friday:  the end of a long week of being responsible and doing things.  Wanting to go out and sit in the sun.  Give myself the day off.

But the work came over me and I wore heavy the burden of rewriting the nuclear power lecture, the encyclopedia entry, hoping I get it right.  Knowing there is no right.

Still, the joy of expectation:  my oldest's birthday, my birthday (I still get excited like a child), Friday night movie night, popcorn and cucumbers for dinner, cuddles on the couch.

We move toward that.

O Magazine's poetry issue features this, from ee cummings:

i thank you God for most this amazing
day:  for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

I move toward that.

No comments:

Post a Comment