Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Interlude

I should be prepping for class right now because I teach until 9 tonight and leave for the airport to go to Alaska at 5:30 in the morning. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do to prep for the conference in Anchorage.

But there's this! The lunatics are jumping off of the mountain outside my window, their sails bobbing up and down as they descend. The sunshine is bright and the air warm. I walked Addie into school today and because we were a bit early, we had time to stop and inspect the trees outside. Though they look pretty sad from far away--dead, even--there are in fact little red buds all over them. Some grass is turning green. The girls could wear tennis shoes instead of snowboots today.

This is not to say that we're not in line for a shitload more snow. March and April are the snowiest months here. But I would go out on a limb and say that we might get some of the warm days we're due here in Denver in the coming weeks, and I will welcome them.

I've been working hard on just accepting the weather, you know? My worries about the climate sometimes make it hard to just be in a place of acceptance about things beyond my control. So you live the best life you can, try to make good choices and have right thinking, and then you must also shrug and take your time sitting in the sun, being glad spring is right around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I need to somehow set myself up so I can sit outside and work a bit with my laptop. It can be done. I need to feel the warmth coming and work on my much needed vitamin D! I love it here because of the fact we get an exceptional amount of sunshiny days. Have a safe and fun trip! We will miss you.

    ReplyDelete