Saturday, March 6, 2010

Anchorage, Pt. 4

Realizations:

Sled dog packs are made up of motley crews of skinny little yappers.



There are 71 teams that start in the Iditarod. They take off from the start line one at a time, two minutes apart. Which means listening to hundreds of skinny little yappers for hours on end.



It's not that cold, but it's pretty cold. My butt is the first thing to freeze, which is odd considering that's where I store most of my whale blubber. I thought that was supposed to keep one warm.



You didn't think I was going to show you a picture of my butt, did you?

I'm not sure how I feel about all this fur being sold, or these dogs, in their booties, in their little cages, taken out only to be mushed all around town on top of fake, trucked-in snow, pulling sleds filled with bundled-up dignitaries. I'm just not sure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm deeply concerned. I wish I could say it was about the dogs, but it's actually about your ass. Do you really think it's big? Have you actually ever LOOKED at your ass?

    ReplyDelete