Saturday, June 2, 2012

No more kindergarten.

Nolie and Daddy at the graduation picnic.

I think this means I's is old, but I'll try to make this not about me.  For once.

At her graduation ceremony, Nolie's teacher talked about what a little "cuddlebug" she was, and how much she and the para loved getting to know Nolie.  I was so proud of her.

Nolie, with her beloved Mrs. Tubbs.  Nolie often calls me "Mrs. Tubbs" at home.  I take it as a compliment.  Because of how entirely screwed up public school funding is at the moment, Mrs. Tubbs won't be coming back to our school next year.  This makes me so sad.  She is such an amazing teacher, and has really helped Nolie move from being a somewhat clingy, shy preschooler, to a brave, friendly kindergartner who absolutely loves to learn.  We feel so lucky to have known her.

And with her Para, Ms. Mueller.  Ms. Mueller and Mrs. Tubbs had it down.  Every kid in the class was reading at a first grade level by the end of the school year. I volunteered in the class occasionally, and I can tell you that some of those kids didn't even know their letters to begin with, and now all are reading and writing.

Teachers are amazing.

Graduating kindergartners are amazing.

What a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment