Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Honors

On Thursday morning, we attended a breakfast honoring Addie as one of her school's "top" students for the month of February.  I was so proud, hearing the words the principal said about her (and that her teacher wrote):



I love that she is a "mathematical whiz" and a "super reader," but am especially proud that she is kind and peaceful.

Friday, I was honored to be included in a ladies-only weekend in the mountains.  A friend turned 40, and her husband secretly flew in all of her best friends, from every stage of her life, to celebrate it with her in a cabin in Winter Park.  How amazing to be included, and to meet seven instant new friends.

And how lucky I am to have a husband who entertained and loved on my girls all weekend, cleaned the house, did laundry, and cheerfully let me take a 3-hour nap when I got home yesterday.

Speaking of coming home, I arrived to this:


Which meant also that Nolie brought home her class's honored stuffed animal, Cayden.  She got to take care of him all weekend, do fun things with him, and write stories about him.


Not to mention the two glowing report cards that came home, too.

I'm a proud mama.

1 comment: