Monday, January 24, 2011

McCall in Winter, and Us in Winter


My cousin Heidi took this from my grandmother's place.  The lake is fairly well frozen over, and you can't see the mountains for the fog.  That place is magic.

And here's Addie, doing some hand-sewing on a little felt star.



I take pieces of felt and let the kids draw shapes on them, then we cut out two layers of their shapes, and I draw little dots around the perimeter. I safety pin the two layers together.  Addie then sews in and out, following the dots.

Everybody except Addie felt a little shabby yesterday.  Nolie and I have developed some sort of cold/sinus action, which has been really great after having strep throat last week.  I think one of my goals this year should be figuring out how to bolster my immune system some, don't you think?

Anyway, we canceled our plans to go skiing and stayed in crafting and cleaning house and watching football.  Which ended up being quite nice anyway, and is sort of the way of our family in these cold months.  Other than venturing out to ski here and there, we pretty much hunker down, make, and be.

Just a little less being sick would also be lovely.

2 comments:

  1. We did the same! I started the sinus thing myself late last week. I spent the entire weekend nursing it. I have to say, I feel the same, that it was a lovely weekend. Could of done it without the cold, but it is what it is.

    For us, in addition to staying healthy. I would like to see us doing more of the hunkering down without having our bodies telling us to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely, minus the sick part of course.

    ReplyDelete