Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Love It!

Crap.  I only have 10 days to get that article done before Christmas whacks us full on in the face, with travel to family and all that.  Confidence, take that.

Here's some nice scenes from around the house.


I like that Addie set up the nativity scene to make it seem like Baby Joysus was crowdsourced.


These figurines are so old and dirty they probably carry viruses that were only around when Baby Joysus was actually born.  Get the Lysol!


Our fully decorated tree.  Fully decorated thanks to my mother, who gave me Christmas ornaments every year of my life.  This seemed so completely lame when I was a teenager and in my twenties, but I'm grateful for them now.  Chalk one up to mom wisdom.

Note the Christmas ball, rather than angel, at the top.  E.'s atheist self would have a hissy fit if there was an angel there.  So I like whispering things like, "Honey, don't worry.  The angels are there even if we can't see them!"  He loves it!


My favorites get hung on the kitchen light.  E. loves it when I hang tchotchkes everywhere!  He loves it!


Although our singing/dancing cowboy Santa with the "Holly Jolly Christmas" tune is nowhere to be found this year.  Hmmm.

We all love Christmas, though.  We love it!

1 comment:

  1. Joysus? My oh my...I still like Sandy's FB post of the bacon nativity scene. Barbarism at the manger gates! Your tree looks beautiful. It must be the angels keeping watch over it. -m.

    ReplyDelete