Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Campus Wildlife


When I first started work at my university, the place was practically like a ghost town.  You'd walk across the giant quad behind my building and there would be no students.  I asked my students about this and they would just shrug and say everyone was studying.

But things have changed in the last ten years.  The quad is usually bustling with kids playing ultimate, or the marching band practicing, or kids walking tension ropes:


Though odd, this is a much healthier past-time than the things I engaged in during free time as an undergrad.

When I worked at Harvey Mudd, there were lots of people on unicycles.  Here, it's juggling:


I took this picture on my way to class.  The students asked me why I wasn't juggling.

I told them I didn't know, but I wish that I was.




No comments:

Post a Comment