Monday, May 14, 2012

grades are in

Grades are in, my big grant proposal didn't get funded (read that in a somewhat gleeful tone), and in a few more weeks, my tenure package will be more or less complete.  This might be my first "real" summer.  Here's what I'm looking forward to:


  • camping in Sand Dunes
  • getting outdoors in Idaho City
  • seeing my folks-of-origin
  • staring for hours at Redfish Lake
  • hammock time
  • gardening
  • staining the deck
  • walking the dog
  • sewing
  • reading
  • writing
  • blogging
  • eating tomatoes
  • eating nothing but tomatoes and cucumbers for dinner
  • running
  • running the relay
  • listening to crickets
  • being hot
  • teaching Addie to finally ride her damned bike
  • playing in the water
  • being barefoot
  • wearing flip flops, and skirts, and shorts, and fedoras
  • Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt, the Avetts, and lots more live music
  • not making lunches
  • not rushing
  • not making long to-do lists in my head
  • having time to think
  • having time to not think
  • hanging out with you having margaritas or white wine spritzers or zumas or whatever the hell it is you drink
Most of all, I'm looking forward to having some days that I get to fill however I like.

Hope to see you on the back porch....

1 comment: