Monday, August 10, 2009

The Good Life

Drifting off to sleep last night, my thoughts were this:

I am so lucky.
I am so blessed.
What a life this is.

And the images that went through my head were these:

Of Nolie and Addie and their friends bouncing in the bouncy castle we rented for Nolie's third birthday, on a whim, while we drank margaritas with our friends on the back porch.

Of Addie, dancing in her pink lyotard, with chopsticks in her air, at her first ballet recital. So proud, focusing so hard, looking so graceful.

Of Nolie, doing forward rolls at her first gymnastics mini-meet.

Of dinner out, with Eric, celebrating seven years together, each one in which I find I love him more, no joke.

Of cheering on Nancy, who--bright, funny, smart--nailed a public talk on Machiavelli at the Museum of Contemporary Art.

Having old wedding rings made new (pics to come)...



And this is all just in the past few days! This week begins the march of contractors in and out of the house as skylights are replaced, acoustic texture scraped from our ceilings, and our countertops (remember the corn fritters? REMEMBER?) measured. Most important of all, a little family is on its way to us, and we are SO excited.

I have a lot of writing to do for work, but also sewing for visitors and birthday girls, so off I go...check back soon for more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment