Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Speaking of Gratitude

We're taking down all of our Christmas decorations, which is always a weird feeling when Christmas hasn't quite arrived yet, but I prefer this weird feeling to the feeling of getting home after Christmas and feeling like, ugh, have to deal with all this stuff.  So we do it before we leave.

Like most crafty bloggers, we had a gratitude tree again this year, though instead of making a tree or posting one on the wall, we just used Rupert, the two-story ficus who is rooted in our foundation and grows up through the middle of the house.  I wrapped him in, what's it called, organza?  And then the girls wrote their gratitude cards a day or two before Thanksgiving and we pinned them to Rupert.



Here is a run-down of Addie's cards:

I'm thankful for earth and sun
I'm grateful for skiing
I'm thankful for books and art
I'm grateful for my freinds
I'm thankful for my pets
I'm thankful for art, music, and P.E.
I'm thankful for learning
I'm grateful for my family
I'm thankful for holidays!
I'm thankful for Blue
I'm thankful for fun!
I'm thankful for Ms. George
I'm thankful for my grandparents
I'm thankful for my sister
I'm grateful for food and water




And Nolie's:

My dog
Love
Peace Love and Musick
Helth
My school
lerning
cards
My Family
I Heart Ranbows
Sister
Abbie Mommy and Dabby
Mrs. Tubbs
Foob
Myself
My cat
when happy
jen and eric
Erth
You




I love these lists.  I love my girls.  I'm grateful for their gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment