Monday, June 11, 2012

What we've been doing

Drooling at Scrumptious, the awesome Arvada sweet shop:


Camping at the Sand Dunes (more pics to come of that crazy-awesome place) with dear friends and new:


Discovering that our sisters are often our best friends:


Playing school (all day), putting on fashion shows, making up plays:


Jumpy castling (thank you Groupon):


Jumpy castles will always and forever make me think of our friend Jared, who at Nolie's 4th birthday party jumped so hard in the jumpy castle that he literally knocked the thing over, which I didn't think was humanly possible and which made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to die.

Thanks to some new research projects in energy, I see loooong, loaded coal trains everywhere I go now.  I'm horrified, fascinated.


Making our first cake all by ourselves (with only a little help from mama, who hung back, biting her tongue while much flour ended up on the floor and we almost put 1/4 cup sugar in instead of 2 1/2 cups but then we figured it out and the cakes turned out better than any of mama's solo efforts ever so there:



A quick, interstitial day of work tomorrow to finish up a few things--including a revision on that first coal article--and then we girls are off to Idaho Thursday.  Things just keep getting better.  Trying not to think about it ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment